CSS3 Fonts is an additional feature of CSS3, which is used to improve web designing. You can create different types of font styles. The rules to determine fonts, CSS properties to the need to declare a name on the first line. Font file can be the ttf (True type font) or otf (Open type font) format.
But now the CSS3 designers can use any font you like them. Add your own font web browser’s font file. Then it will be automatically downloaded when the user’s needs. Your own fonts are described in the CSS3 @ font-face rule.
1. Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera by the type.ttf (True Type Fonts) and Type.otf (Open Type Fonts) are used.
2. Internet Explorer9 + supports new @ font-face rule. But it is the only Type-eot font support. eot short form of the Embedded Open Type.
3. Internet Explorer 8 or earlier versions do not support new @ font-face rule.
CSS@font-face: WebFonts- Formats, Extension
The license for Web fonts
Many web fonts using the font has a different policy. Stay seeking to violate this policy.
The fonts stored on the server –
Font is the best way to store fonts on your own server space to store. However, due to copyright restrictions, sometimes the font is not stored in the server space.
The font CDN Hosting
Content Distribution Network (CDN) such as Typekit, Fontdeck, WebINK and Google webfonts fonts than you can host.
Of fonts for Web resources:
Font Squirrel (fontsquirrel.com) for the commercial use (without any limitation) There are many kinds of fonts.
CSS Web fonts in your font into the browser or operating system neutral.
1. Font applied to the text to be visible to the user in the user’s system must have the same fonts installed.
II. CSS3 @ font-face rule, however, through a non-standard form to be able to insert in your pages and download the fonts you can use as a text. As a result, it is possible to neutral platform browser.
3. determine fonts and font files in the browser’s location provides.
Syntax: CSS Webfonts-@font-face Rule
Here- Font-family: Web Fonts is used to determine the name.
SRC: informed about the location of the font file of the browser.
Local () file name is used, and present spatially font it finds.
If the font is not available locally, then set the paths, the files must be in the same domain address.
Format: This is the font type or kind.
Example: CSS text@fontface Rule:
CSS@fontface: Bold and Italic :
@fontface can take a font only once. talic and bold versions of the same font for could not be found. So for us to use unique @fontface.