Media files are stored encoded situation. When the multimedia files are required to play these files to decode and then the user hear.
Both encoding and decoding is done by that the elements, it is decode
Media file’s codec is known from these file extension (Example: .MP3, .AVI). Besides MIME type insert of the type attribute also can determine these media file’s codec.
The codec can be compressed in two ways. Namely: Lossy and lossless.
1. During the data compression and retrieval in lossy compression no data can not be destroyed or lost.
2. Some of the data is lost in lossless compression but a very high compression can be achieved.
A video container is shown with the components of metadata, Video stream and Audio stream in below image.
1. It is a wrapper, so that the metadata, the video stream and audio stream are included.
II. The work of the metadata, the video stream and audio stream elements encapsulate as well as recurring so that the synchronization and Lag-free streaming support can be ensured.
3. Usually a video container is a video and an audio stream. However, several video and audio is possible in stream. Two video streams are used for 3D video streams.
4. Some of the popular Video container:
Metadata: The information is contained about the contents of the video container.
Generally is contained production Date, resolution, artists name and description of the codec.
Video Stream: The image of the video file is contained.Commercial film of the popular common audio stream and a separate audio stream is used for each translated language.
HTML supported media format is :
Browser supported HTML audio format is :